- Hand-cleaned Film
- Color Correction
- Grain Reduction
- Sprocket Free
- 3-CCD Image sensor, NOT just a CMOS or 1-CCD sensor!
- FULL High-definition 1920 by 1080p (some call it SUPER HD); NOT just 720p HD!
- Datarate of 35Mbps, NOT down-compressed 24Mbps during initial capture!
- 3-Light Transfer; NOT just a One-Light transfer!
- Reduction of fine scratches with specially engineered soft back-lighting!
- In-sync Image and Sound interlock capture!
- Extended between sprocket hole image capture capability.
- image stabilizer
- Expert hands-on manual color correction during each second of transfer; and NOT just a Pre-Automated Color-Correction.
- High-speed transfer? No, we opted for capturing more data instead, and giving us time to perform the manual override for
- Personalized and excellent customer service and various transfer options, depending on your budget.
- Customer retains copyright. What is yours stays yours!
We do not transfer film by shooting its image reflected off a surface, but instead we project its image straight onto a video chip! This is an important difference which makes our transfer process unique. The process of shooting the image from a reflected surface, such as over a matt glass or a silver screen, will not produce a 1:1 capture of the image. But our process does. We project the picture directly onto a 3CCD video chip. This gives us a 1:1 recording of the picture! The recording is therefore sharp and is a light-true representation of what's on the film.
We use a 3CCD video camera for our transfers. This is a broadcast quality camera -- the same technology used in TV studios. It gives us an uncompromised quality recording of your film.
If you attempt to transfer your film to DVD yourself, here are do-it-yourself steps to avoid
We use professional film cleaners to clean your film. This process consists of feeding the film through special cloths moistened by the cleaning solutions. The film goes through this process two times - more if needed. This cleaning process traps dust and unwanted dirt particles. We recommend special treatment with a solution called “Film Renew” if the film has a mold buildup or is overly brittle. This is rarely required.
We use professional “Film Renew - Urbanski Film" to clean the film if it has mold buildup or has become overly brittle. Depending upon the condition of the film, we either soak the film in a bath of FilmRenew or carefully treat it with cloths soaked by FilmRenew solution. The excess solution is later removed.
Renewing splices is very time-consuming and must be done with great care. We use professional film cement glue to complete the splice. (any broken splice, missing leader or splices which need replacing)