- Hand-cleaned Film
- Color Correction
- Grain Reduction
- Sprocket Free
- 3-CCD image sensor, NOT just a CMOS or 1-CCD sensor!
- FULL High-definition 1920 by 1080p (some call it SUPER HD or 2K); NOT just 720p HD!
- HD-SDI data rate of 1.5 Gbit/s, allowing for uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2 capture; no down-compression during initial capture!
- A RGB 3-Light Transfer; NOT just a One-Light transfer!
- Reduction of fine scratches with specially engineered soft back-lighting!
- In-sync Image and Sound capture!
- Extended between sprocket hole image capture capability
- image stabilizer
- Expert hands-on manual color correction during each second of transfer; and NOT just a Pre-Automated Color-Correction
- High-speed transfer? No, we opted for capturing more data instead, and giving us time to perform the manual override for color adjustments!
- Personalized and excellent customer service and various transfer options, depending on your budget.
- Customer retains copyright. What is yours stays yours!
We do not transfer film by shooting its image reflected off a surface, but instead we project its image straight onto a video chip! This is an important difference which makes our transfer process unique. The process of shooting the image from a reflected surface, such as over a matt glass or a silver screen, will not produce a 1:1 capture of the image. But our process does. We project the picture directly onto a 3CCD video chip. This gives us a 1:1 recording of the picture! The recording is therefore sharp and is a light-true representation of what's on the film.
We use a 3CCD video camera for our transfers. This is a broadcast quality camera -- the same technology used in TV studios. It gives us an uncompromised quality recording of your film.
The years have proved to us that all films need to be cleaned! We use professional film cleaners to carefully hand-clean your film. This process consists of feeding the film through special soft cloths moistened by the cleaning solutions. The film gets cleaned once - more if needed. The cleaning process traps most dust and unwanted dirt particles.
We recommend special treatment with a solution called “Film Renew” if the film has mold build-up or if it has become brittle. "FilmRenew" is rarely needed.
We use professional “Film Renew - Urbanski Film” to clean the film if it has mold buildup or has become overly brittle. Depending upon the condition of the film, we either soak the film in a bath of FilmRenew or carefully treat it with cloths soaked by FilmRenew solution. The excess solution is later removed.
Renewing splices is very time-consuming and must be done with great care. We use professional film cement glue to complete the splice. A splice renewal happens when we find a broken splice, a missing leader, or a splice which need replacing.