226 W. Ojai Ave., Ste 101 #455
Ojai, CA 93023
Phone: (805) 640-8883
We use only professional equipment – and do not take shortcuts in our transfers
The 8mm film transfer process does not happen automatically -- as many people assume. Our film transfers are professionally monitored, at all times, in order to obtain the best possible result. The transfer operator continually adjusts the light and makes any necessary adjustments rapidly.
- All films are meticulously and professionally hand-cleaned (unless otherwise specified by our customer.)
- Initial manual color correction (automated with manual override) is performed on transfers.
- A secondary manual color restoration is optional.
- Image focused from center all the way to the four corners so that it's free of vignetting and hot-spot effects
- Steady and flicker-free images on all our transfers of Super-8 and Normal-8 films.
- We also offer High Definition transfers onto Blu-ray (if customer selects that option.)
Our professional team is:
We are a small company comprised of a husband and wife team. The two of us, personally, care for your film, tape or slide transfer - from beginning to end. Our customers appreciate the individualized attention we give, and they continually let us know how much they value it. We are confident most large companies cannot give you the same amount of care and attention -- therein lies our reward!
The FilmFix team proudly considers itself a foreigner-friendly company and does business in both the U.S. and Switzerland -- where we, Nathaniel and Laura, started our treasured FilmFix.ch company in 2005.
Jean Nathaniel Courtens, Bachelor of Arts in Professional Photography and Motion Picture (from the original, Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, CA - graduated in 1996 - when Institute was owned by Ernest H. Brooks; the Institute has since closed.)
Since then Nathaniel has received various honors and awards in: producing, directing, editing and cinematography.
Special note: Nathaniel is multilingual and speaks French, German / Swiss-German and English, fluently.
Laura Vieira Courtens - administrative coordinator and accounting
To contact Laura or Jean Nathaniel Courtens, please click here: email
Marco Hobi, seit 2006 Geschäftsführer von FilmFix.ch, hauptsächlich zuständig für Ihre Filmtransfers und Ansprechperson für Ihre technischen Fragen oder Auskünfte
Petra Tschirky, als Fotofachfrau hauptsächlich zuständig für Foto- und Diascans, aber auch für Video- und Filmtransfers.